The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) has broad expertise in strengthening health care regulatory systems in low- and middle-income countries. I-TECH’s approach to regulatory strengthening emphasizes the importance of sustainability and country ownership, by working with ministries of health, health professional councils, and health professional associations to:
- Conduct sound situational analyses and needs assessments;
- Develop standard operating procedures to efficiently operationalize and scale key regulatory activities;
- Develop regulatory information management systems;
- Develop standards to establish consistent expectations for high quality health services; and
- Develop continuing professional development frameworks and guidelines.