Global Health Security Agenda
PREVENT: Disease Prevention through Immunization Program Strengthening:
- In Kenya, I-TECH collaborates with the Ministry of Health (MOH), CDC Global Health Protection Division, and the CDC Global Immunization Division, to build and roll out an online mobile platform for capturing immunization data at the point of care.
- I-TECH supports capacity building for improving the quality and use of immunization data to reduce the likelihood of vaccine-preventable disease outbreaks.
DETECT: Laboratory Information Systems Strengthening:
- In Kenya, I-TECH collaborates with the MOH and National Public Health Laboratory Services to enhance and strengthen laboratory information systems at the facility and national levels to improve timeliness and efficiency of testing and reporting results.
- I-TECH supports the customization of the Basic Laboratory Information System (BLIS) to include features that support communicable disease reporting and antimicrobial resistance surveillance.
RESPOND: Disease Surveillance and Response:
- I-TECH supports the MOH Surveillance Unit in the rollout of trainings for health care workers to routinely and consistently use the real-time surveillance reporting system in Kenya.