Publications and Presentations, 2009-2010
This is an archive of publications and presentations from 2009-2010.
- Nartker A, Stevens L, Shumays A, Kalowela M, Kisimbo D, Potter K. Increasing health worker capacity through distance learning: a comprehensive review of programmes in Tanzania. Hum Resour Health. 2010 Dec 31;8:30. doi:10.1186/1478-4491-8-30.
- Brentlinger PE, Torres JV, Martínez PM, Ghee A, Lujan J, Bastos R, Manuel R, Mudender FM, Assan A.Clinical staging of HIV-related illness in Mozambique: Performance of nonphysician clinicians based on direct observation of clinical care and implications for health worker training. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2010 Nov;55(3):351-5. doi: 10.1097/QAI.0b013e3181e3a4cd.
- Brentlinger PE, Assan A, Mudender F, Ghee AE, Vallejo Torres J, Martinez PM, et al. Task shifting in Mozambique: cross-sectional evaluation of non-physician clinicians' performance in HIV/AIDS care. Hum Resour Health. 2010 Oct 12;8:23. doi:10.1186/1478-4491-8-23.
- Vitiello M, Willard S. Stating the obvious--nurses: critical link to women and children affected by HIV/AIDS: a response to the revised WHO HIV treatment guidelines. AIDS. 2010 Jul 31;24(12):1967-8. doi: 10.1097/QAD.0b013e32833b8be5.
- Dawson Rose C, Gutin SA, Reyes M. Adapting positive prevention interventions for international settings: Applying U.S. evidence to epidemics in developing countries. J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care. 2011 Jan-Feb;22(1):38-52. doi: 10.1016/j.jana.2010.04.001. Epub 2010 Jun 11.
- Naik S, Suchi T, Lundgren L. Options for maintaining quality family planning counseling: strategies for refresher training. Int J Qual Health Care. 2010 Apr;22(2):145-50. doi: 10.1093/intqhc/mzp062. Epub 2010 Jan 31.
- Ibrahim M. Lutalo, Gisela Schneider, Marcia R. Weaver, Jessica H. Oyugi, Lydia Mpanga Sebuyira, Richard Kaye, Frank Lule, Elizabeth Namagala, W. Michael Scheld, Keith P.W.J. McAdam and Merle A. Sande. Training needs assessment for clinicians at antiretroviral therapy clinics: evidence from a national survey in Uganda. Hum Resour Health. 2009 Aug 23;7:76. doi:10.1186/1478-4491-7-76.
- Weaver M, Conover CJ, Proescholdbell RJ, Arno PS, Ang A, Uldall KK, Ettner S. Cost-effectiveness analysis of integrated care for people with HIV, chronic mental illness and substance abuse disorders. J Ment Health Policy Econ. 2009 Mar;12(1):33-46.
- Hiner CA, Mandel BG, Weaver MR, Bruce D, McLaughlin R, Anderson J. Effectiveness of a training-of-trainers model in a HIV counseling and testing program in the Caribbean Region. Hum Resour Health. 2009;7:11. doi:10.1186/1478-4491-7-11.
- Bateganya M, Hagopian A, Tavrow P, Luboga S, Barnhart S. Incentives and barriers to implementing national hospital standards in Uganda. Int J Qual Health Care. 2009 Dec;21(6):421-6. doi: 10.1093/intqhc/mzp044. Epub 2009 Sep 30.
- Tauxe RV, Lynch M, Lambert Y, Sobel J, Domerçant JW, Khan A. Rapid development and use of a nationwide training program for cholera management, Haiti, 2010. Emerg Infect Dis [serial on the Internet]. 2011 Nov;17(11):2094-8. doi: 10.3201/eid1711.110857.
- XVIII International AIDS Conference. July 18-23, 2010, Vienna, Austria.
- "Strengthening support for HIV pre-service nursing education in resource-limited settings." International Council of Nurses Conference, Durban, South Africa, June 27-July 4, 2009. Authors: Jacob S, Portillo CJ, Goldman D, Winters D, Vitiello M, Konjore Y.
- Branigan E, Mpanda S, Pupp C, Askins S, Freistadt F, Smith S, Stefanutto M, Shumays A, Smith M, Magari F, Lissit S. Enhancing Pre-Service Curricula for Improved Mid-Level Health Care Worker Education in Tanzania and Mozambique. CUGH 2010.