Publications and Presentations, 2006-2008
This is an archive of publications and presentations from 2006-2008.
- Ssekabira U, Bukirwa H, Hopkins H, Namagembe A, Weaver MR, Sebuyira LM, Quick L, Staedke S, Yeka A, Kiggundu M, Schneider G, McAdam K, Wabwire-Mangen F, Dorsey G. Improved Malaria Case Management after Integrated Team-based Training of Health Care Workers in Uganda. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2008 Dec;79:826-33.
- Knebel E, Puttkammer N, Demes A, Devirois R, Prismy M, Developing a competency-based curriculum in HIV for nursing schools in Haiti. Hum Resour Health. 2008 Aug 29;6:17.
- Weaver MR, Myaya M, Disasi K, Regoeng M, Matumo HN, Madisa M, Puttkammer N, Speilberg F, Kilmarx PH, Marrazzo JM. Routine HIV testing in the context of syndromic management of sexually transmitted infections: Outcomes of the first phase of a training program in Botswana. Sexually Transmitted Infections. 2008; 84(4):259-64.
- Renggli V, De Ryck I, Jacob S, et al. Viewpoint: HIV education for health-care professionals in high prevalence countries: time to integrate a pre-service approach into training. Lancet. 2008; 372:341-43.
- Harries AD, Jahn A, Zachariah R, Enarson D. Adapting the DOTS framework for tuberculosis control to the management of non-communicable diseases in sub-Saharan Africa. PLoS Medicine. 2008; 5(6):e124.
- Ssekabira U, Bukirwa H, Hopkins H, Namagembe A, Weaver MR, Sebuyira LM, Quick L, Staedke S, Yeka A, Kiggundu M, Schneider G, McAdam K, Wabwire-Mangen F, Dorsey G. Joint Uganda Malaria Training Program, Kampala, Uganda. Improved malaria case management after integrated team-based training of health care workers in Uganda. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2008 Dec;79(6):826-33.
- Makombe, SD, Jahn A, et al. A national survey of the impact of rapid scale-up of antiretroviral therapy on health-care workers in Malawi: effects on human resources and survival. Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 2007 Nov;85(11):851-57.
- Brentlinger PE, Behrens CB, Kublin JG. Challenges in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of malaria in human immunodeficiency virus infected adults in sub-Saharan Africa. Archives of Internal Medicine. 2007 Sep 24;167(17):1827-36.
- Rajasekaran S, Jeyaseelan L, Vijila S, Gomathis C, Raja K. Predictors of failure of first-line antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected adults: Indian experience. AIDS. 2007 Jul;21 Suppl 4:S47-53.
- Brentlinger PE, Behrens CB, Micek MA. Challenges in the concurrent management of malaria and HIV in pregnancy in sub-Saharan Africa. Lancet Infect Dis. 2006 Feb;6(2):100-11.
- XVII International AIDS Conference. August 5-8, 2008, Mexico City, Mexico.
- "Strengthening Pre-service Nursing Education in Resource-Poor Settings: Lessons Learned from HIV Faculty Development Training in Namibia." Association for Nurses in AIDS Care Conference, Tucson, Arizona, 2008. Authors: Tembo M, Jacob S, Farley J, Haoses-Gorases, L.
- "A Successful Collaborative Effort to Train Health Care Workers in PMTCT in the Caribbean." Global Health Council, May 29-June 1, 2007, Washington, D.C. Authors: Virginia Gonzales, Bobbi Nodell, Elaine Douglas, Brendan Bain, Barbara McGaw, Bernadette Hamilton-Saunders.
- "Filming Real HIV Patient Cases in India." Global Health Council, May 29-June 1, 2007, Washington, D.C. Authors: Tom Furtwangler, Sikhamani Rajasekaran, Vijay Anthony Prabhu, Michele Clark, Gurusamy Manoharan.
- "The CHART Nurses’ Working Group: Addressing HIV & AIDS Nursing Issues In the Caribbean." Caribbean Nurses Association 25th Biennial Conference, October 20-26, 2006, Nassau, Bahamas. Authors: Sealy, W. Jacob, S.
- "Clinical Mentoring Experiences with Ethiopian Nurses." International AIDS Society Conference, 2006, Toronto, Canada. Authors: Vitiello M, Winters D, Ouma G.
- "I-TECH Nursing Workforce Development Initiatives: An Exemplar Case in Ethiopia." Association for Nurses in AIDS Care Conference, November 18-20, 2005, Orlando, Florida. Authors: Portillo, CJ, Winters D, Vitiello M.
- Global Partners in Public Health Informatics Conference: Envisioning Options for Integrated Public Health Information Systems for Low Resource Settings: Components, Connections, Partners, Strategies. September 18-19, 2008, Seattle, WA.